The Squeaky Wheel (TSW) is getting greased for TV in Canada! Hitsby Entertainment is searching for Canadian Disabled Comics and Comedy Writers for this brand new satirical, half-hour news format series that will poke fun at the ableist society that disabled people face every day.
This is a PAID gig.
● Series writers and story contributors (senior-level and emerging).
● Must have lived disability experience. Our definition of disability includes anyone who self identifies as Mad, D/deaf, neurodivergent, chronically ill, physically disabled or any beautiful combination thereof
● Must be Canadian. Majority will need to be from Ontario. But some exceptions may apply
The show will feature two news anchors and an ensemble cast of field reporters and other sketch characters. It will go into production in the Fall 2023, in the GTA and surrounding areas.
The writer’s submission form can be accessed here: Writer Submission Form.
We’re looking for two different samples to get a sense of your humour and writing style:
- 5-10 Headlines: Make a list of 1-2 sentence stories that you think need to be told.
- Write a feature story. Here are some ideas for your submission:
. Breaking News read by Anchor(s) in studio – no more than 30 seconds.
. Special Report from correspondent on location – no more than 90 seconds.
. Other Specialized Report (i.e., Weather, Sports, Entertainment, etc.) – no more than 60 seconds.
Think about how you might tell the story. Will it be a monologue from your reporter with graphics? Should it include interviews from experts or bystanders?
WRITTEN DOCUMENTS ARE PREFERRED. HOWEVER, IF AUDIO OR VIDEO IS MORE ACCESSIBLE TO YOU MAY SUBMIT THEM INSTEAD. PLEASE DO NOT FEEL THE NEED TO SUBMIT BOTH.
Note file size cannot exceed 100 MB each. If you have any questions, would like assistance with this form, or require an alternate submission method, reach out to us at email@example.com.